• News and Views A look at this month’s news and stories from the world
of metal detecting, including several mysterious items that we’re hoping
readers of Treasure Hunting might be able to help identify.
• Reader Finds A round-up of some of our readers’ recent finds.
• Field Test – Quest Q30 Adrian Gayler puts the Quest Q30 through its
paces on Essex farmland and beaches.
• A Treasured Friendship Terry Lewis looks back at the finds and friendship
metal detecting has brought him.
• My A-Z of Detecting (Part 4) Read the final instalment of Alison
Harrington’s alphabetical tour of the detecting world.
• Collecting and Collections (Part 3) Gordon Bailey recalls his days searching
one particularly prolific permission and presents a selection of his wonderful
• Celtic Coin Values Details and sale prices of some of the beautiful Celtic
coins sold by Chris Rudd Auctions in January.
• Forger’s Hoard? John Francis finds what appears to be the remnants of an
18th century forgery business.
• Ridgewell Relic Recovery Julian Evan-Hart joins a club search next to an old
• Field of Dreams Adam Smith unearths a beautiful Celtic gold stater,
amongst other great finds, while out detecting with his wife Wendy.
• I’ve Got Some Old Coins Boy The words that bring music to Julian Evan-
Hart’s ears as he has the chance to look through Derrick’s collection.
• From Ace to Equinox Phil Deakin upgrades his machine and shares his
experiences, as well as his finds.
• An Unusual Ampulla Philip Dadd discovers an unusual skirted pilgrim’s
ampulla on his North Somerset permission.
• Auction Round-up A selection of lots sold at TimeLine Auctions’ recent
ONE OFF PAYMENT by credit or debit card from only £24.60.
subscription options of 3 months or 12 months by Direct Debit.
Directly delivered to your door.
Missed a copy for your collection or want to read a past review on a detector..
View anytime on your tablet, phone or computer.
The second book in the Finds Identified series, this volume focuses on dress fittings and ornaments, the most common artefacts found by metal detectorists. Beautifully illustrated, with thousands of photographs of over 1300 artefacts, this book provides an essential guide to identifying metal detecting finds.
As with the first book, the objects are organised on a thematic basis, with similar types shown together, allowing you to see how various types of artefacts have evolved through the ages.
Brooches, Pins & Bodkins, Buckles, Belt Clasps,
Strap Fittings, Belt Hooks & Purses, Girdle Hangers
& Chatelaines, Strap Ends, Button and Loop
Fasteners and Toggles, Sleeve Clasps, Hooked
Tags and Dress Hooks, Buttons and Cufflinks, Lace
Tags, Torcs and Necklaces, Beads, Pendants, Rings,
Bracelets and Finger Rings, Earrings, Spurs, Badges
300+ pages, A4, Hardback. 1,300+ artefacts
3,000+ colour photographs £30.00
This superb artefact identifier and price guide ranges from the Stone Age through to the Tudor period - Benet’s is the must have guide for identification & valuations. The prices quoted are based upon first hand knowledge and experience of the antiquities market as well as recent actual sale prices.
Contents include: Stone Age, Bronze Age, Celtic & Iron Age, Roman, Anglo Saxon, Viking, Norman, Medieval, Tudor and Post Tudor – with artefacts covering Axe heads, Spears, Swords, Daggers, Brooches, Pendants, Rings, Jewellery, Buckles, Horse Fittings, Pommels, Thimbles, Seals and many more.
Benet’s 3rd Edition - 3,000 images, A5, Hardback, 864 pages 2014
£30.00 - UK Post free!
Coins of England and the United Kingdom remains the only reference work which features every major coin type from Celtic to decimalisation in 1971 with accurate market values for every coin type listed.
It is an essential guide for beginners, serious numismatists and anyone interested in British Coinage. As with every new edition, all sections of the catalogue have been carefully checked by the specialists at Spink and the prices of the coins have been updated to reflect current market conditions.
The reference numbers used are recognized world-wide and are quoted by all of the leading auction houses and dealers.
Well illustrated in colour, listing every type and date of British coins from Celtic times to decimalisation in 1971.
Fully revised and updated. Valuations for up to three grades in British £.
Hardback, Pre Decimal volume, 210mm x 150mm, £30.00 - Published December 2020
Mobirise website maker - Check this